Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Why, oh why? (Or one of the fundamental truths of parenthood.)

My children go to school only two mornings a week. I get four blessed hours of time to myself on those days. Much of my sanity lies in those hours. The other five days a week they are at home.

Therefore, one of the fundamental truths of parenthood dictates that the stomach bug will hit on a school morning - always. The universe gets bonus points if it happens on the last school morning before winter break.


(Note the pitifully listless child, carefully positioned bowl, towels laid down to protect the carpet, minimal clothing to get dirty, and hair pulled back. What you can't see is the television I am letting her watch in order to keep her in the safe-puking zone.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics