Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Voiceless TH / F Minimal Pairs Picture Cards


Voiceless /th/ - /f/ Minimal Pairs Card Set

To download click on the image to open it full size. Then right click on the image, choose "save as" and save the page to your computer.

I recommend you print on cardstock and laminate for durability.



Description

This articulation picture card set focuses on the contrast between voiceless /th/ and /f/. It would be a great set to use with a child who is substituting voiceless /th/ for /f/ or vice versa. Usually I avoid vocalic /r/ in my card sets, but there are not a lot of these minimal pair contrasts around, so I did include some vocalic /r/ words. There are no consonant blends in this set in order to minimize phonemic complexity.

Key Features

  • This set includes 14 picture cards (7 th/f minimal pairs) with the target word and picture on the front.
  • The words are simple in syllable shape and include no consonant blends.
  • Combines the target sounds with a variety of vowels in order to increase phonemic variety and improve carryover.

Permissions

I give permission to copy, print, or distribute this card set provided that:
  1. Each copy makes clear that I am the document's author.
  2. No copies are altered without my express consent.
  3. No one makes a profit from these copies.
  4. Electronic copies contain a live link back to my original and print copies not for merely personal use contain the URL of my original.

Looking for Feedback

I would love to hear back from anyone who uses this card set. Let me know if you find errors or there is anything you would change. Comment on this page, or send me an email at testyyettrying(at)gmail(dot)com.

Where can I find more?

More sets are on my Free Speech Therapy Articulation Cards page. Other card sets include /p, b, t, d, m, n, h, f, v, k, g, w, s, z, l, th, ch, sh, s-blends, and l-blends/ and more sets are being added regularly.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the cards. i've changed them a bit and am selling them in my bookshop. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are really nice. I'm recommending your pages to parents and they are printing for practice at home. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Web Analytics